Venue Rental Info
Interested in hosting an event at the Ware or Winter Centers?
The Ware and Winter Centers are available for your performances, parties, receptions, and meetings. Our beautiful, state-of-the-art performing art centers provide a wide range of versatile spaces to accommodate small gatherings and audiences and guest-lists of several hundred people. We provide a full range of top-notch, professional services including skilled technical personnel, ticketing and sales, and audience/guest services.
- Breathtaking spaces that add magic to any event
- Superior acoustically-designed performance spaces
- Convenient parking with nearby garages and surface lots. Parking is free at the Winter Center and discount parking vouchers are available to your guests at the Ware Center
- Your event is included on our online calendar listing for public events
- Our non-licensed Centers provide you the flexibility in providing your beverages for complimentary bar service by our professional bartenders (no cash bar allowed)
Ware Center | Lancaster
Winter Center | Millersville
1. Classes are held in our building Monday to Thursday, from 4pm-9pm. We try to reserve Friday, Saturday or Sunday for social events so that we don’t have any issue with sound bleeding into the classrooms.
2. Security fees will apply for events that take place outside of normal business hours (8:00am-4:30pm).
3. Alcohol is permitted. However, kegs are not. You may bring in anything else, you (or signatory) would sign as the responsible party, we inventory the alcohol and then MU employees must serve the alcohol.
4. Cash Bars are NOT permitted. There is no way around this. Tickets cannot be sold/distributed ahead of time. You may give alcohol away but not sell it.
5. There is a four hour maximum service of alcohol.
6. The university requires a certificate of insurance, naming it additionally insured. This would be requested at the time of contract.
Please fill out our Rental Inquiry Form if you are interested in renting one of our spaces and one of our Event Coordinators will get back to you.